• Number of AAUP Members: 130
• Number of members in 1937, the year AAUP was founded: 21
• U.S. States home to at least one AAUP member: 41 plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico
• Number of Canadian Provinces home to at least one AAUP member: 4
• Number of U.S. States and Canadian Provinces home to a founding AAUP member press: 14 and 1, respectively
• U.S. state home to the most AAUP members: New York (15)
• City home to the most AAUP members: Washington, DC (11)
• Number of Countries home to at least one AAUP member: 11
Belgium, Canada, China, Egypt, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, the Netherlands, the UK, and the United States
• Titles published annually per AAUP member: 2 to 2200+
• Titles published annually by all AAUP members: approximately 12,000
• Titles in-print at AAUP member presses: approximately 230,000
• 8 Literature Nobel Laureates since 2000 have published work with AAUP member presses:
Mo Yan, Gao Xingjian, Imre Kertész, J.M. Coetzee, Orhan Pamuk, Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clézio, Herta Müller, Mario Vargas Llosa
• 70% of Carnegie RU/VH institutions (75 of 108) host or support an AAUP member press.
• 77% of AAU member institutions—48 major research universities located in the U.S. and Canada—host, or support through systems or consortia, an AAUP member press.
• 79 major research institutions in the U.S. and Canada can boast both an ARL member library and an AAUP member press.
Last updated April 2013.