Welcome to AAUP 2011
June 2-5, 2011
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
The Next Wave: Toward a Culture of Collaboration
Despite serious economic pressures, university presses have embraced the challenge and the opportunity to publish and distribute scholarship digitally, globally, and sustainably. Doing so requires openness and flexibility, a willingness to work across departmental boundaries, and effective collaboration among colleagues as well as with our parent institutions and external partners. This year's annual meeting program offers plenary talks and practical sessions for books and journals staff who seek a broader view of industry-wide changes even as we develop the specialized knowledge and skills needed to publish distinguished scholarship for 21st century readers.
AAUP 2011 wrapped up on June 5. More than 700 attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors helped to make this an extraordinary conference. See below for details on keeping up with the Conference Knowledge generated at AAUP 2011.
• Please complete the AAUP 2011 Evaluation Survey.
• Join us next year!
June 18-20, 2012
• MaryKatherine Callaway (Director, LSU Press) took office as AAUP President for the 2011-2012 term on Saturday, June 4. Read the text of her inaugural address >
• Richard Brown (Director, Georgetown University Press) completed his AAUP presidency with a luncheon talk on Friday, June 3. Read the text of his valedictory address >
• Don Collins, President of Chicago Distribution Services at the University of Chicago Press, received the 2011 AAUP Constituency Award.
• AAUP 2011 attendees rasied $9,925 for the Sabre Foundation through the AAUP Sabre Ad Auction.
• Recordings of AAUP 2011 sessions can be pre-ordered online. Order by June 5 for discounted rates!
• Panelists and session attendees are invited to add slides, presentation notes, and additional material to the AAUP 2011 Wiki site. Check your registration packets for information on editing the wiki and options for posting slide presentations.
• Keep up with the buzz throughout the meeting by following #AAUP11 tweets. See the #AAUP11 Archive, posted by @samplereality.
• Join the AAUP 2011 community on Facebook.
AAUP 2011 Program Committee
Gita Manaktala, MIT Press, Chair
Becky Clark, Johns Hopkins University Press
Frederic Nachbaur, Fordham University Press
Mark Saunders, University of Virginia Press
Eric Schwartz, Princeton University Press
Jill Shimabukuro, University of Chicago Press