From InDesign to Ebook
Essential Workflow Steps
Date: Thursday, June 20
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center
Marianne Jankowski, Art Director, Northwestern University Press
Terri O'Prey, Associate Managing Editor, Princeton University Press
Join InDesign publishing expert Anne-Marie "Her Geekness" Concepcion for a lively and informative real-world tour of the ebook publishing landscape. You'll receive an overview of the entire publishing workflow, taking a layout file in Adobe InDesign and turning it into an ebook ready for sale in Apple's iBookstore, Amazon's Kindle store, on other e-resellers. Along the way you'll learn about best practices, free automation tools, gotchas to avoid, and tips from the ebook production trenches.
Workshop will cover:
- Digital Publication Choices: Ebook or App?
- Differentiating an Ebook from EPUB, Flowable vs. Fixed
- EPUB 2 vs. EPUB 3
- 5 Steps to Prepare Your InDesign File for EPUB Export
- Free InDesign Scripts You Must Use
- Exporting from InDesign to Kindle
- Proofing and Validating Your Ebook
- Fine-tuning with simple HTML and CSS Editing
- Best resources for keeping up-to-date
Includes materials and refreshments.
Non-Members (Non-Profit): $210
Space is limited; please send no more than 3 individuals per press.